Mile Tracker

Mile Count = 1003
Funds Raised = $765

Monday, October 31, 2011

Busy Day in Charleston




I meant to post this last night, but the internet wasn't really working. I know everyone is curious what my plan will be next. I woke up feeling better than expected. Still some pain in my knee, hip, and lower back, but nothing too bad. I went for a walk all over downtown Charleston. Stopped in to a few bike shops to ask about parts and a trailer, laid in a park and read for a bit, and had a nice cup of coffee at a coffee shop. I didn't have much luck at the bike shops I stopped by, but called one nearby and the worker said someone had recently left a trailer there and he would sell it to me for cheap! Perfect! Once I got back to my friends place I asked his roommate if he could give me a ride to the shop and he did. Thanks Scott. The trailer is very similar to the one I was using before, but it was missing the piece that connects it to the bike. I'm going to have to rig something up temporarily until I can find the piece at another shop. He also had the back wheel I was looking for. I didn't have my bike with me so I couldn't have it mounted right away. My plan is to find the tools that I'll need to do that somewhere today. I'm about to go for a walk and see if a bike shop will be willing to help me out. The nice part about this ride is I'm learning more about my bike and bike repairs.

I should have taken a picture of the trailer, but didn't think about it at the time. The EMTs took it to a dumpster. It was completely destroyed. The picture of my leg doesn't exactly show how bad the scrapes are. I originally thought it was just my knee, but its on my shin and behind my knee too. Don't ask me how that happened. The picture of the wheel doesn't really do it justice either. It's pretty mangled, and the aluminum is actually broken at one point. The third picture is of the park in Charleston. Charleston is a beautiful city and I had a great day walking around.

This morning while reading my Bible I read the parable in Luke where the people of Nazareth try to kill Jesus. They took him to a cliff and tried to push him off, but He just walked away. It wasn't his time yet. He had more ministering to do. Not to compare myself to Jesus, but I find it interesting that I just read this parable this morning. I had a similar experience where I was almost killed, and just walked away.

I'm feeling pretty great today and optimistic about fixing my bike and getting back on the road. I'll try to post before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment