Mile Tracker

Mile Count = 1003
Funds Raised = $765

Monday, October 24, 2011

Departure!!!

Today is the day. I have planned, packed, and said my goodbyes. I'd like to thank everyone for your support. I'd especially like to thank my parents and sister, friends at the beach house where I've lived, and all the other friends and family that have supported me thus far. I'd also like to thank my friends who have taken similar trips and given me guidance on what to expect. Most of all I thank God for giving me the courage to taking on such a challenge. He has encouraged and guided me to take this adventure and will be with me the entire time.

Tonight I will ride to Kingsland, GA where I will be staying in a gazebo behind the First United Methodist Church. I called and spoke with the pastor earlier this week and he said that I could stay there. I'd like to thank the church for letting me stay.

I'm looking forward to sharing my first thoughts and experiences of the trip in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment