Mile Tracker

Mile Count = 1003
Funds Raised = $765

Monday, October 31, 2011

Back in Business!!!



As you can see, I'm all set up to get back on the road. Thanks to some help from various bike shops around Charleston, I've made the repairs to my bike and picked up another trailer. This trailer is almost identical to the one I was using before. It was missing the piece that connects it to the bike, but I went to the hardware store and pieced together an alternative contraption that should would just fine. As you can see in the top picture I purchased a flag that will hopefully make me just a bit more visible. In the second picture you can see the huge mirror that I added to keep an eye on cars coming up from behind me. My handle bars are bent up a bit, but nothing too major. I've had mixed feelings about continuing, but as everything has fallen together to get back on the road, I'm excited to carry on. I still have some minor pains, but not nearly enough to hold me back. Most of all, I appreciate the support from all my followers. Without your support I may not have had the ambition to push through this setback.

I'd like to thank everyone who offered to help cover the expenses to repair my bike and pick up a new trailer. I spoke with an insurance man from the insurance company of the man who hit me today. All expenses will be covered.

I'd also like to thank Chip and Scott who have let me stay at their place in Charleston over the past few days. I've had a great time. Charleston is a great city and I encourage people to check it out if you ever get the chance.

Next stop, McClellanville, SC. Then, Myrtle Beach!


1 comment:

  1. Awesomeness! Glad you got things worked out to get back on your journey! have you started reading that book you showed me yet? i bought it and am going to start reading it tomorrow.

    I pray that God continues to watch over you and guide you along your way! He has a purpose for you on this trip.

    ReplyDelete