Mile Tracker

Mile Count = 1003
Funds Raised = $765

Monday, October 17, 2011

Foooooood!

Here is the food I've packed. It would be a lot to take all at once, so I've split it up into two packages. One will be for my initial decent, and the other will be a resupply later on. I'll package it up and send it to a friend who lives in North Carolina, he will meet me about 8-10 days into my trip with the extra food and some warm clothes for the colder climates. Thanks Kelly Alford, look forward to seeing you.

This won't be the only food I'll be eating. I plan to stop at various diners and restaurants along the way. I may also experience some nice home cooked meals, if I'm lucky. I can also stop at any grocery store or gas station if I need to pick a few things up.

As you can see in the back I have my camp stove and cup. That's what I'll be eating just about everything out of. Cleaning will consist of the "pour water in, swish it around, and drink" method. Learned that at Outward Bound. Don't worry, I'll actually wash it when I get the chance.

You can't really tell but next to the stove is my coffee press. Anyone who knows me knows that I looove coffee. Not exactly a necessity on the road, but something I will surely enjoy when I take the extra time to make it.

The water jug will serve as my reserve. I will typically be drinking out of the water bottles on my bike, but have the jug to fill the bottles and have as a little extra.

No comments:

Post a Comment