Mile Tracker

Mile Count = 1003
Funds Raised = $765

Friday, October 28, 2011

Fellow Travelers

I slept in this morning and had a nice big breakfast before leaving Savannah. Didn't end up getting out until after 2:00. Ended up riding about my last half hour in the dark. My total milage today was about 46. When I arrived at my campground I was informed that there were other cyclists at a nearby site. Before reserving a site I went over to meet them. It was three retired police officers on their way down to Key West, FL. After chatting a bit about our journeys, I asked if I could just pitch my tent on their site for the night. They happily agreed. We talked more and more about various experiences we've had thus far, gear we've brought, and reasons for our rides. You can learn more their ride at: http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/frankz. We're all planning to have an early start tomorrow, but I'll try to get a picture in and post it afterwards. Tomorrow I plan to get to Charleston, SC. It'll be around 60 miles, my longest day yet.

Forgot to mention, I completed my first whole state today! Georgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment