Mile Tracker

Mile Count = 1003
Funds Raised = $765

Monday, November 7, 2011

Birthday Weekend


My birthday was Nov 5th. I left Fayetteville that morning planning on making it to Raleigh to spend the weekend with my friend from home, Pat. I was looking forward to spending time with a longtime friend from home. It was COLD and WINDY. To top it off it was all hills. I have to be honest, I made it about 15 miles and called Pat to come pick me up. I was miserable and figured that I should be able to have a nice relaxing day on my birthday. After Pat picked me up we got a pizza and went back to his place to watch some college football. I was surprised to have mail waiting for me at his place. My parents and sister and sent birthday cards to Pat's so they'd be there when I arrived. Later on that night we went out to a sports bar to watch the Sabres game and have a few drinks. Sabres won in an exciting shootout! It was a pretty great birthday.

I decided to take a rest day and watch some football on Sunday. I went out for a nice breakfast with Pat and some of his friends. I was overdue for a nice big breakfast. It was great. Then we all went back to Pat's place and watched football all day. The Bills were quite disappointing, but it was nice to relax and watch football all day. Later that night Pat and I went over to his girlfriends place and they cooked steak and potatoes for dinner. Another great day, and a great way to wrap up the weekend. Thanks Pat!

Here is a picture of Pat and I before I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment