Mile Tracker

Mile Count = 1003
Funds Raised = $765

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Slept in a Mansion


When I left Columbia, MD this morning it was already raining. It rained the entire time I rode today. At times, just a drizzle, but also periods of pretty steady rain. I was prepared when I left. I wore my rain pants and rain jacket. I also typically wear sneakers when I ride, but today I just wore my sandals. I didn't want my shoes to be soaking wet for the rest of the trip. I normally wouldn't advise biking in sandals, especially in the rain, but today it made the most sense. Anyone who knows me, knows I love my Island Walkers. Here is a picture.


Since it was raining all day I didn't take any pictures along the way. Figured a picture of my famous Island Walkers may be fitting under the circumstances.

My goal was to make it to Fallston, MD. Despite the rainy conditions, my moral was quite high all day. Although, I still wasn't making very good time. The rain just tends to slow me down a bit. It wasn't looking good to make it to Fallston, MD by dark. I knew Outward Bound had a base in Baltimore, so I gave them a call. I spoke with Liz and she said I could stay at the base for the night. I arrived after only 18 miles on the day. I got into some dry clothes and had a relaxing afternoon. After a tasty dinner, I watched some TV with the base staff before heading to bed.

Did I mention I'm staying in a mansion? The Baltimore Outward Bound base has a Civil War mansion on it. It's where the staff live. The season for wilderness courses is over so the place is basically empty right now. It's in the middle of Gwynn Falls Park in Baltimore. I'll try to get some pictures before I leave tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment