Mile Tracker

Mile Count = 1003
Funds Raised = $765

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Feels good to be back


After two full days off, I was feeling great about getting back on my bike. Most of the pain from being hit has gone away, and I was excited to be headed north again. I was extra cautious today and kept an eye on my mirror. After leaving the downtown area of Charleston I road over the Arthur Ravenel Bridge. It's the prettiest bridge yet, and it had a bike/pedestrian path along the side!! I also took a bit of a detour off the main road and road through the Francis Marion National Forest. It was a pretty ride and nice and quiet. A few extra miles, but it was worth it. Todays milage was 39.

I was happy to arrive in McClellanville, SC at the home of Pam and Bright. They are the parents of my friend Liz from Florida and my new friend Chip from Charleston. It's a beautiful place right on the water. I had a relaxing evening and a delicious home cooked meal. Not to mention, great conversation with Pam and Bright. I really appreciate you guys hosting me for the night!

The picture above is one I found online of the bridge I crossed earlier. I had snapped a few other pictures today, but I currently don't have enough cell service to post them. I'll try to do it tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'll ride to Myrtle Beach. It'll be roughly 65 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment