Mile Tracker

Mile Count = 1003
Funds Raised = $765

Sunday, November 6, 2011

My rain gear works

Until two days ago I hadn't been rained on. I kept thinking how lucky I was, but didn't want to say anything. As it began to mist, I hoped and prayed that it would clear up. It didn't. Once it began to really come down I pulled my bike up under a tree at a small graveyard on the side of the road. I waited to see if it would pass, or if rain gear and a shelter would be necessary. It began to increase. I put on my rain pants, jacket, and bags over my shoes. I also decided to set up a tarp to stay dry while I made myself some lunch. I had some tuna in a tortilla and another tortilla with peanut butter, honey, and trail mix. It was a nice break and I felt recharged to continue on. I was pleased with the shelter I set up and intended to get a picture, but forgot. You'll just have to trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment