Mile Tracker

Mile Count = 1003
Funds Raised = $765

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Frosty Losty Morning

I was cozy when I woke up this morning, but knew once I got out of my sleeping bag it'd be a different story. I packed everything up before getting out because I knew it'd be a bit colder outside the tent. Once I stepped out I noticed that everything was frosted over. I quickly tried to get my gear packed up and start pedaling. Using Google maps on my phone is my primary means of direction. My phone was low on battery last night so I jotted down the turn by turn directions to get to the next town. I intended to turn the phone off before going to sleep, but dozed off before doing so. I was left with the directions I had jotted down. They weren't very helpful. I couldn't even find the second turn. I ended up riding about 10 miles all over the countryside. I stopped on a corner to try to wave someone down for help. Everyone just waved back! I made my way to the next stop sign and caught someone who was waiting to turn. The nice lady explained that the next town was only a few turns away. I soon made it to a McDonalds. I typically am not a fan of fast food, but McDonalds always has free wifi, and outlets, which I find very helpful. Normally I don't feel too great after eating fast food, but I find on my bike ride that it doesn't phase me.

No comments:

Post a Comment